Sunday, February 17, 2019

I AM DOSEd... SAY WHAT?

This blog is about MY journey through weight loss...
plans, diets, products...
Sensa, WW, NutriSystem, Slimfast, 24 hour fasting, all liquids, no liquids, all veggies, no veggies...

You name it, I've tried it ...
And written about it here...

Well, I have been doing DOSE for about 6 weeks.

I didn't want to post anything until I was sure there was something worth posting...
( Be glad I didn't write about that all veggies all the time diet ... It was NOT pretty!)

For those not in the know...

DOSE is a natural supplement taken daily in the form of either a cup of Happy Coffee or Happy Chocolate and a supplement capsule...

The proprietary blend of botanicals in the coffee  and chocolate and  capsule work together to let your brain naturally release the hormones YOUR body needs in the amounts that YOUR body needs them...


D = Dopamine
O = Oxytocin
S  = Serotonin
E  = Endorphins
So if you are stressed and run down...
     Your body may need more Dopamine to help you stay calm, manage emotions, feel pleasure and improve memory ...
So that is what your brain releases...

Feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and just discombobulated?
  Then your brain may need to release Oxytocin which may help you to feel more focused and less anxious...
And it IS called the Love Hormone so...
It may help you to love yourself and others...

Are you sad or depressed? 
Do you binge eat that entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey?
( Yep that was me... At least 3 times a week because you know it's almost always a buy 2 get 1 free sale!)
Are you lying in bed desperately trying to sleep, but your brain won't shut off? 
( Again...me!)

Well then...

Maybe Your brain needs a little more Serotonin to help regulate your moods, get that emotional eating drive to halt and get your brain to shut down and stay that way so you can get a full night's sleep!

And then we have pain...
And lack of energy...
And just feeling blah...

You could eat a pound of dark chocolate and then your brain will release a ton of Endorphins that make you feel energized, less pain and more... Happy and satisfied...

Or, you could get the same effect from working out in the gym... 

You know the Runner's High or extreme feeling of satisfaction and general well being you have after a good workout, bike ride or kayaking?
( Ok, ok... The bike ride and kayaking are my activities of choice... Running? the gym?... yeah, NOT happening)

Me?

I get MY Endorphins boosted by drinking my Happy Coffee and taking my capsule and then ..

I have the energy and the drive to DO STUFF!
Like kayaking, biking, cleaning my room, going to work...

And then...
I FEEL better...
More relaxed ...
More IN CONTROL of MY life...

The best part...
My brain is making, and releasing, these essential hormones naturally...

Not because of chemicals that are forcing production like those in antidepressants, antianxiety and anti-inflammatory drugs.

And MY brain is only making and releasing what MY BODY needs to function properly to make me healthy AND happy!

Oh... And the side effects of DOSE?
Because every action has a reaction, or effect...
Right?

Side effects I have are...
Feeling good
Less pain from my fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus...

Oh... And weight loss...
Yep...
THE SIDE EFFECT is I am losing weight... 
Slowly, but surely a pound or so a week...

Down 9 pounds in 6 weeks...
But even more astonishing ???

I am down from size 16 ( ok some 18s were in my regular jeans rotation) to size 14s...
Like, I had to try on 3 pairs of jeans to find a pair I could walk across the room in without mooning anyone!!!

So, FOR ME, this DOSE stuff is working ...
I am feeling comfortable in my own skin..

And even more importantly...
in my own Head!

Want to learn more about Happy Coffee and DOSE?

Please remember... I am only telling you what I am experiencing on DOSE... Everyone needs different things so everyone's experience is as unique they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment